Also referred to historically as Flawforth, under which spelling it is sometimes referred to as a 'Lost Village'.

See our link to the 'Lost village of Flawforth' HERE

Throsby's History of Nottinghamshire of 1687 refers to the settlement as Flawforth, whilst Thoroton, updating and adding to his work records Flawford.  The two names co-exist even to this day with Flawford House and Flawforth Lane.


Page link: Alabaster at Flawford
Alabaster at Flawford
Unearthed at a Lost Village